RE: 1600 for sale in LA

To: datsun roadsters <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: 1600 for sale in LA
From: Roman Rist <ristguitars@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 20:16:35 -0700 (PDT)
Hi all,

The 1600 in LA has been sold. I'm the lunatic that bought it. the owner
made me an offer that I couldn't refuse.

It is true the car was unmolested and never in an accident. but , It
was  unmolested as in no one ever maintained it either. PO put gas in,
oil in (cause it leaked a lot) and only fixed things that needed to be
done to keep it on the road. As far as the body it did have a lot of
parking lot incidents.
the interior was matched only by the denim 2000 that made the news a
while back. Black tuck and roll with extra foam, that had deteriorated
badly.
The car ran ( like a VW on two cylinders), the engine was the greasiest
I've ever seen. when It was parked  it left a PUDDLE of oil.

I've been working on the car and removing the PO voodoo from the car.
I spent 4 hours cleaning the motor and the rest of the car. finally it
was clean. ( i highly advise cleaning a newly purchased vehicle, every
thing you missed on an earlier inspection you find with a good
cleaning)

Victor laury and I ripped all the smog crap off and fixed the valve
cover leak. I let Victor test drive it. ( he knew the before) Man, he
started to laugh and hit the throttle and took me on a fun run that
left me hanging on as the shot shocks bounced the car around on his one
lane twisties. He was grinning and we were proud.

Now here is the funny part of the story, the car does not leak and
leave a puddle on the ground any more. very odd, car leaked previously
like you drilled a 1 inch hole in the oil pan. couldn't have been just
fixing the valve cover leak.

So, I am for sure nuts! I now own  another Roadster, plus next weekend
I'm picking up the 68 2000. I now own 4 roadsters. And all are works in
progress.
I apologize to any one who was interested in the car, but I couldn't
turn it down.

Roman Rist
66 1600, 67.5 1600, 68 2000, 70 1600