Re: test post & roadster sighting

To: <SPL311RDST@aol.com>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: test post & roadster sighting
From: "Paul" <9laser3@bright.net>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 18:14:00 -0400
I've been receiving the list all day and just got the digest version!  No
problems here.

  As for the roadster sighting I guess I'm cheating because it was me.  Took
off for ice cream with Kathy and saw a beautiful MGA at NAPA.  Ran up for a
vanilla cone ( 25 cents a piece at McD's this week ) and ran back to NAPA.
It was a customers car of Daryl Wagner of Automotive Artistry.  Daryl
restores mostly British cars, but once you get all the oil off of him, he is
really a nice guy.  He was road testing ( Yeah right Daryl! ) the MGA after
a total rebuild.
  From there Kathy and I took off for a run to the lake.  Not many boats out
yet.  As long as I was out that way, I stopped at J's Upholstery and asked
about having him install my new CDM soft top.  Two months wait & $250.  I
knew I would have to wait this time of year since it is the best shop around
and just a two man operation, but $250 sounded high.  What's the going rate
out there?
  One more set of questions and I'll get off the band.  My valve cover has
developed a slight crack so I picked up another one.  Before I install it, I
would like to polish or paint it.  Any special prep work needed to paint it?
High temp paint?  I tried some MOTHER'S aluminum polish on it and nothing
much happened other than the rag turned black.  Same results with an ancient
can of BRASSO!  What should I try if I decide to polish it?  Or should I
just have Phil with SEROC machine me one from a billet?

TIA,
PAUL
OROC