RE: Performance with Pertronics (was re: dwell adjustment)

To: "'David R. Conrad'" <conrad1@gte.net>,
Subject: RE: Performance with Pertronics (was re: dwell adjustment)
From: Howard Fletcher <hgf@netro.com.au>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 22:36:15 +1000
An engine builder did a test here with aproperly curved distributor against
the factory nissan (NLA) trans ignition on a U20 Solex (50mm) race engine

Over 6000 RPM it started to be noticeable but over 7500 there was a 5% gain
with the trans ign.

However when the same was done with similar bits on a Morgan V8 - a friend
told me - there was no difference.
Figure that out. (but I think it was only going to 6500 rpm)

Regards
Howard