Re: Brake light's don't work?????

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Brake light's don't work?????
From: "Thomas Walter" <ra0618@email.sps.mot.com>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 07:51:44 -0500
Ben,

The '66 has a hydraulic brake light switch under the
hood, as you already know.

If you pull the two wires going to the switch off, and
use a short wire to jumper them together... you should
have brake lights on. I suspect since you already replaced
the switch, this is not the cause.

Next thing: Hook up a test light. Use my funky "Tom's dual
filament test light bulb with a couple of wires attached"
[TDFTLBWCWA for short. Been reading too many engineering
manuals again]. ONE wire to the switch should go to the
tail lights, the other wire should be wired to a fuse.

I suspect the switch does not have power to it... try removing
one fuse at a time, cleaning the contacts, and reinserting it.
The early cars, with a fuse box under the hood, always seem
to suffer from a little added corrosion to the contacts.

Brake light power might be the WIPER fuse. Last one down.
It was something odd like that.

Cheers,

Tom Walter  '68 2000
Austin, TX