RE: U-16 Race Engines?

To: "'Gordon Glasgow'" <glasgow@serv.net>,
Subject: RE: U-16 Race Engines?
From: Howard Fletcher <hgf@netro.com.au>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 22:53:19 +1000
Here here,

One very respected professional race engine builder here said the U20 was
the most efficiently designed 8 valve production car head he had seen.
That's why even an Elise has problems staying with me. on acceleration

Show some Z guys a U20 head and they drool - I have seen them do the
slobber thing  (the reason - it's better than the FIA Z head - as Gordon
shows below)

But even slugs like pushrod MGB engines can be made to go. ($15,000 US
later they are quite fast)

Regards,

Howard