Is Alignment necessary ?

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Is Alignment necessary ?
From: jschmi7@us.ibm.com
Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 08:42:29 -0500
Over the past couple of months (unfortunately spring requires more of my
time than the important task of Roadster repair) I have been rebuilding my
front suspension.  On both sides I have replaced all 4 bushings, a
balljoint and shocks.  The only problem I had was in the strength required
to install  lower bushings.  Things just seem harder to turn in the second
century of life.  I digress.........

First question:  Since I didn't replace or change any tie rods or any
steering pieces, do I need a wheel alignment.  The reason I as is that in
my test drive, the car pulls to the right and it did not before.  I don't
know why and it bothers me that I may have done something wrong.

Second question:  I thought the clips for the dust boots came with the
boots and of course they are extra.  So, because I am basically cheap,  I
decided to just use galvanized wire tightened with pliers.  OK,  that
didn't work.  So,  when I get the clips, are there any tricks to putting
them on?  I have heard this question before on the list but have never seen
an answer.

John Schmitt    Telecommuter Office # - 847-458-7829
   Internal phonemail only  -  847-240-4725      pager pin#  800-759-8888
pin 8710561