Re: Copper Head Gesket- no rad seal

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Copper Head Gesket- no rad seal
From: SPL311RDST@aol.com
Date: Fri, 12 May 2000 10:35:27 EDT
In a message dated 5/11/00 6:33:29 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
nruffcorn@prodigy.net writes:

>  "along with a mandatory radiator sealer might do the trick".......
>
>  Isn't this a good idea no matter what?  Upon the advice of the best
mechanic
>  I know, after replacing the head gasket on my 2L (oil in the water if you
>  remember) I added a bottle of radiator sealer as a precautionary measure.
>  No problems since.  Besides discolored coolant, I am not aware of any
>  disadvantages, are any of you?

Radiator sealant:
I hope it wasn't the pelleted type eg: Bar's Leaks - that stuff works great
for last-resort emergency fix-it - BUT..... if'n you don't want your heater
core totally blocked up along with everything else int the cooling system.
Hmm... maybe the mechanic who recommended it also does a lot of business in
re-coring radiators?
Precautionary measure? no. You wouldn't put a band-aid (or tourniqet) on your
arm just in case you got cut would you? If the head gasket was put on right
in the first place, well, you know.....

Copper coat: GREAT stuff ! no problems there !

Laurie :-)
70 SPL311
69 SRL311
Chandler, AZ