Undercoating Expertise

To: "Roadster List" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Undercoating Expertise
From: "nruff" <nruffcorn@prodigy.net>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2000 12:33:09 -0500
Hey all-

I spent part of last weekend scraping and POR15'ing the frame.  I enjoy
doing almost all of the restoration tasks on the roadster but this chore
wasn't one of them!  It turned out great, but after spending all that time
under there, I decided that to finish the job, a body undercoating was in
order also.

In the past, I have used the parts store spray-can coatings that claim to be
paintable.  I used this on the front inner fenders and after priming, it
leached through.  Have any of you used other products that aren't asphalt
based?
While on the subject, is there a way to coat the inside of the kick
panels?(Directly under doors)
It seems there are quite a few roadsters with rot there.  Living in the
mid-west, I dont want to take any undue chances!

Thanks again!
Nathan