Re: How strong is the U-20??

To: "Ron Hamilton" <ej99176@goodnet.com>,
Subject: Re: How strong is the U-20??
From: "Mike Kerr" <mikekerr@innercite.com>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2000 09:21:31 -0700
Ron are you running 25 Lbs of boost ??
I would think you'd get more that 305 Hp @ 25 lbs boost

"latest technology such as 16 valve , 2 cams, "
 These help a lot  to get air into the emgine if you don't have a turbo ,
With  a  turbo you are force feeding the engine .. The turbo has more effect
of filling  the clyinders with air than  a few extra valves and a cam.
The main advantge with more valves and cams is you can rev higher with out
valve float, High RPMs 8000+  is not needed  or a good choice in a street
engine..   What you have to look at is the total valve area and the total
port area of your Fj20 Vs the U20..     HP on  turbo is related to Boost
,,14.7 lbs one atmosphere doubles the air flow thought  the motor add enough
gas you get twice the HP,

Mike Kerr
Restoration Products
3730 todrob Ln.