How strong is the U-20??

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: How strong is the U-20??
From: Dan Neuman <dneuman@stars.sfsu.edu>
Date: Mon, 8 May 2000 23:39:43 -0700
Hello All,
        I have a book on metal working  and it shows a header for a bob
sharp racing datsun that put out like 375 HP.  It was a four cylinder header
I think.. maybe a roadster maybe not?? But this got me wondering... Just how
overdesigned are the U-20??  Or are they??  Coudl they take the stress of a
medium-low boost (~7-10psi) turbo-supercharger with out blowing itself to
bits???  I know that some Japenese motorcycle engiens can handle twice
the factory horsepower.. What about are cars??
        Just curious
                Daniel 69 2000
                SF CA