Freeze Plug in Aluminum Metric Head

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Freeze Plug in Aluminum Metric Head
From: Don Miller <turbospl311@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2000 08:31:58 -0700 (PDT)
Hi All,

First I want to say thanks to everyone for the quick
help with my "Mexican Hat" problem.

My next question is about a brass freeze plug on the
aluminum head I have. It looks like one has fallen out
during machining. I tried a 20mm plug but that won't
quite be tight enough. I thought about tapping it out
to a 1/2 pipe and putting a screw-in plug there but it
doesn't seem tight enough either (just guessing,
haven't done thie yet). What size are these plugs? Has
any used an alternate method of plugging these holes?
It is right below where the #4 exhaust dumps out.

Thanks!

Don Miller
68 Turbo V-6
68 1600 slowly piecing back together