Uh-oh leaking solexs...

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Uh-oh leaking solexs...
From: Dan Neuman <dneuman@stars.sfsu.edu>
Date: Mon, 8 May 2000 23:32:33 -0700
Hello All,
        As I was messing with the starter I noticed some liquid drip drip
dripping downtheh frame rail... Hey whats that??  Its gass!?!?!  Dripping from
the acc pump cover on my forwardmost carb?  I remove the carb and two of
the four screws that hold on the acc pump cover are stripped!?!  The screws
appear to be made out of brass? They only pertrude about 3.5mm past the
end of the cover eventhough the threaded hole is ~8mm deep?? ON closer
inspection almost all of the first ~3mm of thread in the holes is stripped?!!?
It almost seems like someone replaced the original screws with screws that
are jsut a little bit bigger/wrong pitch??
        Does anybody know what size they are supposed to be?? These
are original 68 model solexs from a Canadian car.
        What should I do?? Try to retap the holes??  Dang I cant have gass
leaking onto the frame rail right next to the header.
        Help?
                Daniel 69 2000
                SF CA