Re: gas

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: gas
From: Mark van der Hoek <captainhoek@postmark.net>
Date: Fri, 05 May 2000 07:06:15 -0700
Gano Kevin A. 810-578-3045 wrote:

> hey list.....another stupid question from me, i was wondering what the best
>
> gas to use for my 1967 1600?  i've been using 89 octane but i'm starting to

> wonder if it's the right stuff?

If it's not pinging it's fine.  (Assuming that your timing is set
correctly, of course.)  Higher octane does not produce more power.  It
allows you to use higher compression or more advanced timing, which
usually translates to more power.

As Victor has so capably shown, well advanced timing enables a 2000
cc engine to turn 52,000 rpm, which is a quick way to produce a
roadster capable of breaking land speed records.  And pistons.  ;-)

Mark van der Hoek
Salt Lake City