Re: Car Show this weekend

To: CalSpeed@aol.com, shifty@well.com, kigoe@lkeeco.com, Fred_Katz@ci.sf.ca.us,
Subject: Re: Car Show this weekend
From: Stephan Sochoux <sochoux@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 4 May 2000 22:50:26 -0700 (PDT)
Should be a great day but i'll mostlikely be
Roadsterless! Arrrgh!

I've run into a problem while putting the engine back
in tonite. The motor mounts holes are 1/2 inch away
from aligning to the frame because my new header is
butting against the exhaust.

I tried to remove the exhaust hangers only to find out
that the nuts are welded to the bolts... is this
procedure from muffler shops to prevent the nuts from
backing off ? It sure ruined my evening!

I got the dremel out and broke a bunch of carbon
wheels while trying to cut the nut off,  and failed
miserably. So here i am now writing this.

I need to figure out how to back the whole exhaust
1/2" and finish installing everything by Saturday if
i'm going to make it Sunday.

Stephan
'69 2000, almost there...