Powder Coating

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Powder Coating
From: jon_wissler@pngc.com
Date: Thu, 4 May 2000 19:18:54 -0700
     In yet another attempt to confirm and display my ignorance, what the
hell are you people talking about when referring to "powder coating".  I
assume this to be a surface treatment that provides for enhanced protection
from the elements, but I really don't know what the process is, what the
material looks like when completed correctly, and what the supposed
benefits are.  Nothing complicated required as a response, but as I go
about periodically removing and replacing items from my 69 2L, it would be
helpful to know if powder coating them prior to reinstalling makes sense
and is worth the effort.  Thanks in advance for your words of experience
and wisdom.