Fwd: Race Prep

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Fwd: Race Prep
From: CarterCM@aol.com
Date: Tue, 2 May 2000 16:42:21 EDT
--part1_90.3cb7855.264097ad_boundary

Had to send this funny along...hope it doesn't sound "too" familiar to some
listers.

Craig Carter

--part1_90.3cb7855.264097ad_boundary

Date: Tue, 2 May 2000 15:54:24 -0400 (EDT)
From: Richard Waite <acace@juno.com>
To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Race Prep
Sender: owner-vintage-race@autox.team.net

Thought you all would appreciate the following from a friend of mine who
shall remain nameless. He's getting ready for a local hillclimb.

Hi,  Well we got it running again. It required a lot of work. Finally got
the engine turning over after dumping in a quart of mystery oil followed by
a quart of motor oil and then prying with a pinch bar. I turned it with bar
about 10 rev's then tryed the battery had to go buy a new battery then it
spun over blowing oil all over. Cleaned the plugs and reinstalled them spun
it over popped twice then nothing. Carburator was totally fouled disassemble
and clean reinstall blow out fuel line electric fuel pump leaking and
pumping air thru line. Buy and install new fuel pump. remove plugs again
fouled again. Turn engine with thumb over spark plug hole tons more oil and
new gas........ SHORT ON PLUG WIRE MAKES SPARK  !!!!   FIRE   !!!!  NOW MY
SHIRT SLEEVE IS ON FIRE !!!!
ENGINE AND FLOOR SAWDUST ON FIRE !!!! EXTINGUISH FIRE !!!! no damage to
anything thank god... install plugs turn engine fires and finally starts
fills house with smoke can't see my fingers at amrs length open all windows
and doors turn on fans (thank god Sandy not home) run engine til oil smoke
stops 30 min. Put gear oil in trans check rear end empty fill rear end.
Go for ride up and down street. POLICE show up "save it for the track" OK!!
Trans and rear end still pretty noisy and ??? But we should make it to
Hunneywell still have to clean and get trailer ready.

--part1_90.3cb7855.264097ad_boundary--