Running Strong

To: "datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Running Strong
From: Chris Lyon <chrisroxx@excelonline.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 01:29:08 -0600
Well Leyla runs again, almost six months of getting parts and waiting on
the machine shop has ended. It's a whole new car, I have to try and
figure out the conversation again, so to speak. I think that the carbs
could use a little tuning but she definatly runs on all four nice and
even. Anybody else love underpasses for the joy of the echo? Nice even
idle, no smoke growling to go. A little sluggish sounding, but hard to
tell since a little sluggish now is a big difference! A small backfire
once after a quick stop and restart, and not exactly a run on after
turning off, but kind of a grunt when turning off at a angle or
sometimes well warmed up. thats why I think its a little rich, but no
smoke!

I do need a new spedo cable, mine dried out and commited suicide. Was'nt
there a thread about fixing odometers a couple of months ago?  What
should I listen for to go bad on a new engine? Dirve the hell out of it,
or pace it :<? change the oil once a month?

I will be moving to my new house "duplex" next week but at least I get a
garage and as a single man again, plenty of time on my hands to work and
get started on the 1600! ( Just kidding, I'll never get rid of her but
maybe next year...

Chris Lyon
'69 2000 (resurected)
'69 1600.