Re: Running Strong

To: "datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: Running Strong
From: Fred_Katz@ci.sf.ca.us
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 13:53:58 -0800
Chris,

Congratulations! Leyla is a beautiful car, and I remember the very
mellow roar of her muffler from her BADROC runs. You'll be fine after
balancing the carbs and some fine-tuning of the timing.

I wonder if anyone has experimented with using bicycle cable to replace
the speedo cable. I did that for my throttle cables and it works great.
I picked the highest quality bicycle cable at a bike shop, and the guy
told me it was really expensive. For two roadsters, 14 feet of cable,
wire and end tips cost me under $20. Imagine that! The guy said he uses
the same thing on his MG. It's better to get the original Datsun cables,
but if you don't mind tinkering for an hour then bicycle cable works as
a throttle cable replacement. Again, has anyone tried fixing their
speedo cable assembly with bike cable?

Fred
SF BADROC