Re: 3" airdam/spoiler

To: Daniel Neuman <dneuman@stars.sfsu.edu>
Subject: Re: 3" airdam/spoiler
From: Dennis Currington <dc311@mail.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 23:23:24 -0800
Daniel Neuman wrote:

> Hello,
> Looked at the web page, how exactly does it 'bolt on'?? Not trying to be
> a smart alec but is it just for looks??  Won't it scrape like heck on speed
> bumps sharp driveways with my comp suspension??
>
>                 Daniel 69 2000

Daniel,

We used self tapping screws on mine and it worked fine.  Like I said, when it
is put
on a "straight" front end, it will look much better.  As to functionality, it
has
ducts that can be used to cool your brakes and duct in the center can be used to
mount an oil cooler (although not recommended by some who know) or just put in a
screen to give that pseudo functional look.

As to scraping on speed bumps, that's not what scrapes on my car and I have comp
suspension. Of course, I NEVER drive fast enough to do any damage to my car :-)

Dennis

--
Dennis Currington
1966 Solex 2000