Re: Ignition Query

To: "James D. Stephens III" <jstephens@rocketmail.com>,
Subject: Re: Ignition Query
From: "Kyle Hagemann" <kyle@sonic.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 08:46:48 -0800
From: James D. Stephens III <jstephens@rocketmail.com>

>What brand/manufacturer of ignition coils, etc are people
>using?  I'm looking to replace the one in my 69 2000 but
>I'm not sure which way to go.

Hi James:

I recommend the MSD Blaster II coil.  I use one on my 240Z, and it's
great.  With the addition of EI of some sort, your car will go from
"C'mon, baby, start, please?" to "click-vrooooom!"

The MSDB2 will work with or without a ballast resistor.  Many other
coils require the ballast resistor be retained or they will cook.

If you're keeping your points, then keep the ballast resistor or
you'll fry the points.

FWIW
kyle
       ____  Kyle Hagemann, Born-Again Grease Monkey From Beyond
   _.;(____\____    72 240Z, L28, 5spd, poly, etc. - The Z-Beast
  |  _ |   |  _'@`, 71 Pickup, L16, four speed, stock - New Toy!
  `-(#)------(#)-<  69 2000, U20, three speed - El Kruncharooski
------------------- 84 Maxima, 280ZX in sedan disguise - Mr. Max
http://www.sonic.net/~kyle 240Z tech info, Win95/8 theme, etc.

  "Datsuns are like potato chips - bet you can't have just one!"