Re: Front Suspension Geometry Curves

To: a roadster list <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Front Suspension Geometry Curves
From: Toby B <toby@wolfenet.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1999 00:18:32 -0800
Wow.
        The "Thomas Walter Tech Post of the week" goes to you, Chris.  Cool.
        Now, my feeble attempt to interpret this set of graphs!  The roadster
has some, but not very much, bump steer,  and when it does bump steer,
it toes in.  There's little suspension 'give' (it tends to come back up
the way it went down?)
        Castor changes significantly with suspension travel, but in such a way
that will save most of our butts, i.e. as you brake and turn, pushing
the nose down, you get more "push" back from the steering wheel.  Our
springs are linear, but the bump stops are not!  Bob Sharp is right once
again...
        A question: why "Wheel displacement from curb"  Is that 'curb height?"
Again, if I wore a hat, it'd be off to you!
Toby