Front Suspension Geometry Curves

Subject: Front Suspension Geometry Curves
From: Christopher Coker <ccoker@flash.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 21:12:05 -0500
About a week or so ago there was a thread on the Roadster's front suspension
geometry.  I measured my Roadster's front suspension Toe, Camber, and Wheel
rate curves on my employer's test rig.  For 'training' purposes of course.
:)

I've put three files up on my web site.  Not the best scans in the world,
but you'll get the idea.

At the time these measurements were made, the front end had just been
completely rebuilt with new bushings and ball joints all around, but had not
yet been aligned.  Hence the static camber settings were a little off.

We typically make these types of measurements on prototypes for Ford, GM,
Daimler-Chrysler, etc.  Folks around the office were impressed with the
roadsters suspension, considering the age of the vehicle (and of the design
as well).

The link names should be self explanatory.

http://www.flash.net/~ccoker/Toe.gif
http://www.flash.net/~ccoker/Rate.gif
http://www.flash.net/~ccoker/Camber.gif

Regards,