Re: Exhaust (was Oil pressure... (was Speaking of Lighting))

To: "Calvin Grandy" <cmgfam@sover.net>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Exhaust (was Oil pressure... (was Speaking of Lighting))
From: "Kyle Hagemann" <kyle@sonic.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 09:51:43 -0800
-----Original Message-----
From: Calvin Grandy <cmgfam@sover.net>
>Next is needed replacement exhaust and muffler.  Any "best choices"?

Go to a muffler shop that does hotrods and hi-po applications... stay
away from Sears and the like.

I'd suggest 2" exhaust for either a 1600 or a 2000.... I used a
Dynomax Super Turbo mounted under the driver's floor on a 1600.  Very
quiet, mellow tone, great performance.  Note- I think the placement
of the muffler so far "upstream" made a big improvement in the
noise - my 240Z has the same muffler (but in 2.5") at the back, and
it's pretty noisy.

I haven't gotten there yet on my 2000 - it has a muffler about the
size of a shoe box under the driver's floor and a glasspack in the
back... looks like 2" pipe.  Sucker is LOUD!  Glasspack is probably
blown out, I guess.

Anyone run larger than 2" pipe on a street car?  Smaller?

Kyle
'69 2000