More FIN Opinion+ Stripe ideas?

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: More FIN Opinion+ Stripe ideas?
From: SPL311RDST@aol.com
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 12:02:03 EST
Hey... I thought fins were a wonderful idea! Not the "shopping-cart Honda"
type by any means, but some classy, fairly low-profile ones would ad  a bit
of pizazz to the car. Look at the Triumph Herald, or even a Sunbeam Alpine.
Not tacky whatsoever!

<G> Ok... now who remembers the "whale-tail" craze for the Z-cars???

On a more personal level: My car was white. Now it's gray. Last weekend it
was supposed to be white again, but there was another car in the booth at the
shop. Hopefully next week she'll get painted. After that, well.... I've been
toying with several racing stripe configurations and am still undecided, but
I DO know this.. it's either gonna be red stripes, or two-toned. I saw a
small pic of one in racing trim on one of the list-ee's web-sites and am
seriously leaning toward that paint-scheme. (Don't remember who's page it
was.. there was a small pic on the upper LH on a parts page.)

So help me figure this out here - you know, that way-cool "just off the
track" look that you always wanted, but were too afraid to actually put on
the car for fear of "ruining" it. Ideas? Suggestions? Pictures?

Oh, and I did find out that my car may have had a very brief, but interesting
racing career back in the early 70's... but more about that later <wink>

Laurie :-)
70 SPL311
Chandler, AZ