Roadster 4 Sale

To: "'datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net'" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Roadster 4 Sale
From: Mike Gholson <mtg@mgdesign.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 1999 20:48:36 -0800
Guys & Gals,

Last summer (1998) I purchased a '68 2000 Roadster.  That
summer I went to work and replaced and repaired a lot of big
items in the vehicle.  It has new brakes (including all
calipers), flex lines, a new master cylinder, new/used wheels,
new tires, new carpet, new seat covers, a new distributor,
and I took engine out to clean and paint the whole thing.

You can check out my old logs at http://www.240z.org/roadster

I bought the car from a Hewlett Packard employee who was
transferred to Idaho due to cutbacks here in our local area.
And, he gave me a whole bunch of extra stuff including another
dash and the original hubcaps.

I bought the car for $2,500 and I put another $3,000 into it
to make it a reliable and safe/fun car.  But, I must sell it.

I already have a 240z that I'm restoring from the ground up
and the Roadster is just sitting around *NOT BEING USED*.

Therefore, this car should be sold to someone who wants to
drive her more than I do.

A little more work should be done to the brake lines (I've
got new ones that I haven't put in yet), install the other
dash, and finish glueing in the carpet.  The paint is in good
condition, but, could use a good buffing.  The body is also in
good condition and the car is perfectly straight.  It does have
a *little* road-rust in the typical areas, but, that is easily
fixable.

Anyway, who wants to make me an offer on this car?  I'm in
Albany, Oregon (which is located off I-5 in the middle of
the State and about 40 miles south of Salem).  I will entertain
offers between $3,500 and $5,000.  I've got $5,500 into it.

-- Mike Gholson

PS:  If you don't already know -- I'm an avid Datsun fanatic and
have been working with Datsun parts, engines, and bodies since
1988.  By purchasing this car, you'll have that extra re-assurance
that the seller knew how to take care of it.  You should know that
most people who purchase Roadsters (at this price) will need to
put a lot of work into their car before it can be used reliably.
My vehicle, while still needing a few more improvements, is
already road-worthy and reliable.