Stupid me !!!

To: "datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Stupid me !!!
From: Mike Poorboy <bitterrootprop@nidlink.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 1999 17:04:52 -0800
Hi all,
Thanks for all of your input. I haven't got this many replies, since I
admitted watching save by the bell :-)

Here is the story. I am really embaressed I did It , but by saying it
I might keep someone else from doing it.

I put number three bearing in the number five(rear main) position
and vise versa. I was doing it late at night , and I was thinking the
biggest bearing goes were the most load is. I pulled the bearing caps
rmoved the crank cleaned everything off, and then put the bearings
were they are suppose to go. I double checked the bearings and crank
to see if I caused any damage. I didn't see any scratches or dents.

After reassembly the crank turns freely by hand when I pull on the
crank lobes.

I was sweating it!! I guess when you have drain bramage you can
do stupid things :-)

I picked up a scanner today. I fixed a snow blower in trade. What a
deal it took me a half hour to fix the snowblower.

Now I can post pictures of all my srew ups just so you guys can have
a laugh!

Thanks
Mike