Re: Brake Bleeders

To: Daniel Neuman <dneuman@stars.sfsu.edu>
Subject: Re: Brake Bleeders
From: "John F Sandhoff" <sandhoff@compctr.ccs.csus.edu>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 16:44:30 PST8PDT
Daniel asks:
> Does anyone have any experience with the MityVAC Brake bleeder tool?
Great tool for lots of things - testing vacuum advances, sucking the old
brake fluid out of the reservoir and brake lines, things like that.

As far as getting a good bleed on the system, though, for me (and YMMY!)
I've had iffy luck. At best I can use it to get the fluid started and get
the major air out, but always finish up with a helper pumping the
brakes. I'm certain others have better luck.

One thing I haven't tried but should is a set of speed bleeders
(http://www.speedbleeder.com). These are one-way valves built into
the bleeder screw. Attach a drain hose, crack open the bleeder, and
pump away. Just keep the master cylinder filled! (I like Castrol GT/LMA)

-- John