PO's in Purgatory

To: Datsun Roadster List <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: PO's in Purgatory
From: Robert Porter <drrebob@usnetway.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 17:22:05 +0000
To the Roadster List:

We send our plea to everyone on the Roadster List, good people and true,
known far and wide for your generous spirit and forgiving ways.  We are,
one and all, members of that despised class known as PO's or previous
owners of your beloved Datsun Roadsters.

Here is our plight:  For lo, these many years, we have languished in
purgatory.  St. Peter, in his righteous might, has denied us passage
through the pearly gates until such time as we sincerely confess and
repent of all the sins we have committed in foisting our poorly
maintained and hastily repaired classics off on innocent, unsuspecting
buyers, namely, YOU.

Sadly, many of us are up in years, memories are faulty, and, it is said,
some of the younger ones don't want to remember, so our list is now too
short by far (see below).  However, by special dispensation from a
Higher Power (who is occasionally sighted in a snappy 67.5 2000 solex,
white beard flying, throwing up clouds of dust that appear to you as
cumulus nimbus), we are permitted to solicit your sworn testimonials of
our wrongdoings, as long as 1) they are true and correct, 2) you
personally witnessed the results of the transgression.  When St. Peter
deems the list true and complete, we can at last pass on to our final
reward.

Bless you for your contribution. See you in Roadster heaven.
KNOWN SINS OF PREVIOUS ROADSTER OWNERS (POs), AS CONFESSED AND REPENTED:

- Stuffing brillo in rust holes before slathering bondo on top.
- Using cardboard and plumber's putty for a gasket.
- Pouring sawdust in the differential to keep it quiet.
- Installing a high pressure radiator cap to keep overheating engine
from boiling over.
- Filling the radiator fan hub with silicone gasket sealer instead of a
solid spacer.
ADDITI0NAL SINS OF PREVIOUS ROADSTER OWNERS (PO's), AS ATTESTED BY PROUD
PRESENT OWNERS (PPO's):

Scribe,

Bob Porter
Harrisburg PA