Re: ABS

To: "Richard B. Chianese" <Richard.B.Chianese@swpc.siemens.com>
Subject: Re: ABS
From: Zsolt Szatloczki <dooser@oc-net.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 08:47:09 -0800
>  Germany actually expects you to be competent before getting a
> license.

One thing Germany expects the driver to be able to do is to be capable of
changing
the flat tire of their car.

I have a 94 Ford Ranger with ABS and had to stand on the brakes to stop quickly.
Well I couldn't stop and had to swerve to miss the car in front of me.  After
that
near miss the ABS light stays on and the system does not work. My local mechanic
could not fix the problem and Ford wants to charge an arm and a leg.  The brakes
work better now than with the ABS system.  So I guess I'll leave them as is.

Zsolt Szatloczki
Garden Grove, CA