Re: New miracle fuel additive?

To: Daniel <daniel@seaport.net>,
Subject: Re: New miracle fuel additive?
From: Mike Poorboy <bitterrootprop@nidlink.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 14:31:18 -0800
Daniel,
This is kind of related!! We use to put a little bet of Jet turbine oil
in Avgas back in the seventies. Avgas tended to have less lubricant
then regular pump gas. The cars seem to run better with  a little oil mixed
in. Avgas at that time still had lead in it, so it had nothing to do with
the lead content. I ran this mixture in are dragster and in my pickup.
100-130 octane can really pick up your performance, but not quite
as much as the military 115-145 purple gas. Never got to try running it.
I never had to wait in line during the gas crisis either. It was my job to
drain the water out of the bottom of the fuel trucks tank. It always just
seemed to take about five gallons in my jug to get it out :-).

Mike