Re: ABS

To: pkort@cis.picker.com, roadster list <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: ABS
From: "Richard B. Chianese" <Richard.B.Chianese@swpc.siemens.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 09:52:19 -0500
The company I work for was purchased by Siemens (a German company for
those who don't know) and quite a few have come here for meetings and
work.  I have spoken with many of them about driving in Germany.

A number of their young employees have been sent to the US on their
initial assignment and obtained their first drivers license here.  Even
after several years driving on our highway, many have failed the drivers
test (both the written and the road test) when they returned to
Germany.  Germany actually expects you to be competent before getting a
license.

My mother taught Special Ed for many years and she had several students
who eventually obtained drivers licenses.  Now how does someone who
can't read or write and has obvious mental deficiencies get a drivers
license?  Answer - they had a relative go in and take the written test.

Roadster content - our German friends are fascinated with my 2000.  None
of them had ever seen one before.

Rick Chianese
SRL311-14035
Orlando, FL - Sunny with a high of 83F today