Re[2]: Panic Stop

To: Gary McCormick <svgkm@halley.ca.essd.northgrum.com>
Subject: Re[2]: Panic Stop
From: Fred_Katz@ci.sf.ca.us
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 16:35:58 -0800
Excuse me Gary, but GM had a faulty system. Those ABS brakes failed me
completely. The pedal shook and I stood on it but the van barely slowed
down, and I ended up colliding with a truck in front of me. Fortunately I
was only going about 20 miles an hour, so there was only some bumper
bashing. Any other car without ABS brakes, I'd be able to stop in the 100
feet ahead of me at 20mph. And I'm not the only one who complained, a
number of other employees complained about similar situations with our
fleet. They too, distrust ABS because of GM. I know the theory behind ABS,
but the implementation sucked.

Fred