Re: Fiberglass parts

To: "Michael Clothier" <mcclothier@email.msn.com>,
Subject: Re: Fiberglass parts
From: "Rob Robinson" <FastrTime@t-three.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 1999 23:43:59 -0500

> Thinking of replacing the front fenders on my 68 1600 with fiberglass
ones.

> 3. any SCCA regs against them in either Solo I/II?

It's my understanding that body panels made of a non-stock material are
legal in prepared and modified, but not in stock or street prepared. The
exception would be if panels made from stock material were no longer
available - in which case you would need to use "similar" panels. Also, in
street prepared you may use an add-on flare, but not a one piece flared
fender. (Yeah, I know, that makes a lot of sense)

Rob Robinson
CSP 67 2000
Roanoke, VA