Re: Fiberglass parts

To: "Michael Clothier" <mcclothier@email.msn.com>,
Subject: Re: Fiberglass parts
From: Ronnie Day <rday@airmail.net>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 1999 21:32:47 -0600
>Thinking of replacing the front fenders on my 68 1600 with fiberglass ones.
>1. do they exist?
>2. cost?
>3. any SCCA regs against them in either Solo I/II?
>This and any other info on body work will be greatly appreciated.
>Mike Clothier
>Norco, Ca.

Don't know if they exist. Stock or bubble (BRE) flared F/G fenders for
the 510 ran anywhere from $250 to $350 about 10 months ago when I was
considering buying a second set.

As for running them in SCCA Solo, you can use add-on F/G flares in any
class, you cannot run F/G replacement panels in Stock or Street Prepared.
Rules and info on Stock, Street Touring, and Street Prepared classes can
be found at

http://www.best.com/~mouton/sccasolo/

Sources for F/G parts-check for new area codes and numbers

Hartman Fiberglas
714/6455220

Neely Motorsports
818/8463696

Other possible sources can be linked from The Dime Quarterly website

http://dimequarterly.tierranet.com/

Click on the Vendors link in the left column and scroll down to Fiberglas.

While these are primarily 510 links, most have been long time Datsun
suppliers. Hartman produced the original F/G for the BRE 510 and 240Z, so
they may have done Brock's roaster add-ons, too. Very high quality, but a
bit pricey.

All this should keep you busy for a while.<G>

Ron

Ronnie Day
rday@home.com
Dallas/Ft. Worth
'71 510 2-dr (Prepared class autocrosser)
'73 510 2-dr (Street Toy)