Re: upper A-Arm bolts?

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: upper A-Arm bolts?
From: walter@omni.sps.mot.com (Thomas Walter)
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 99 13:50:42 CDT
Dan,

The bolts are 7/16" x 20 tpi threading. Same from '66 though '70.
They didn't use Metric suspension bolts on the roadsters.

I do not recall the length, but the correct bolt to use is one
meant for the job. Do NOT use 'hardware store' bolts those things,
unless you know where to bolt came from.

One source I found for them, many years ago, was the Aircraft
Supplier.  AN7-?? (I do not recall the lenghth). At least I know
the bolt has been through a controlled source. I'd rather pay $10
for four known bolts, than flip a roadster!

Oh, I like them a little oversize in length. Double nut the from
the back side. Also you need room for the shims. Keep in mind a
AN bolt is mostly shank (unthreaded portion), so if you have bent
something on the front end and need a thick spacer, you'd have
to use a different bolt.

Cheers,

Tom