Datsun, eh ?

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Datsun, eh ?
From: "Sochoux, Stephan" <SSochoux@dbc.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 08:07:31 -0700
Greetings,

Dropped off a cam at the local shop for a regrind. The guy was ginding a cam
20 feet away when he glanced at me waiting behind the counter with my cam in
a cardboard tube, the head barely sticking out. He shouted, "Datsun, eh ?"
Wow!
We started talking and he knew it all;  U20s, 2 cam types etc..  I felt
pretty good about leaving my cam with him.

While talking, he recalled (not certain though) that the rocker arms used
the Chevy Luv truck were the same,  anyone can confirm/deny this ?

Finally, he says, "wait here for a second, i might have something for you".
Patiently i wait and he returns with a complete valve grinding kit that has
been sitting around for the last 10 years. 10 bucks !!
The packaging says "cherry gasket", made in Japan and the gaskets appear
heavy duty; the head gasket looks thicker and has metal lining all around
the holes. Anyone know anything about these gaskets ?

Thanks-

Stephan.
BADROC, '69 2000 broken