Re: Timing & unleaded gas

To: Paul <paul@winresearch.com>
Subject: Re: Timing & unleaded gas
From: "John F Sandhoff" <sandhoff@compctr.ccs.csus.edu>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 1999 15:28:07 PST8PDT
Paul asks:
> Just to give you idea of how long my Roadster has been languishing in
> the garage---what type of gas do I use in the beast once I get ready to
> fire it up?

My daily-driver 1600 is satisfied with 87 octane unleaded regular.
Pre-smog distributor and corresponding advance (16 BTDC at 600 RPM,
vacuum line disconnected while making the adjustment) hasn't resulted in
any noticeable ping. No engine details; there was lots of work done by the
PO, but I don't have the paperwork.

I still have a few gallons of vintage 1979 leaded premium in the
Studebaker, if you're interested. You come and siphon it :-)

-- John