Re: Bosch vs NGK plugs

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>, "Ben Zech" <motormite@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Bosch vs NGK plugs
From: "PATRICK P. CASTRONOVO" <slick@mohaveaz.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 1999 17:34:11 -0700
If you go to your local Auto Parts store, they have Heli-coils.  That is a
steel spring with notches in them to prevent them from backing out once they
are installed.  Once installed, they become stronger than the original
threads. Take a Spark Plug with you to get the right one.
                              I would not attempt to do the job without an
air compressor to blow out the chips of aluminum that will fall into the
cylinder block.  You need to have an extension tube on the blow gun so you
can put air down into the cylinder.  Just putting air to the plug hole will
not allow everything to come out, it will just move the air around the
inside.