Re: weather stripping

To: "Eric R. Wittinger" <wittiner@ee.pdx.edu>,
Subject: Re: weather stripping
From: Mike Poorboy <bitterrootprop@nidlink.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 09:24:22 -0700

pkort@cis.picker.com wrote:

> Eric,
>
>   I wouldn't think the foam would hold up to the wind pressure at speed.  JC
> Whitless sell a variety of rubber weather strip for cars or you might check
>with
> a local body shop.
>
>   CDM recently did some repair work on my soft top bow and provided weather
> strip for it.  not sure if it would work with a hard top but it should!  Give
> Dennis or Les a call.
>
>   Or if money is really an issue, you could seal it in place for the winter
>with
> some silicon caulking, but I wouldn't want to be around for the spring clean
>up!
>
> Paul
> OROC

Eric,
Soft seal rubber makes an assortment of differrent rubber seals.
I tried to look up a web page for them, but couldn't find one. I
will keep checking. Is this your first winter in the Tri-Cities its
going to get cold in the mornings. You might also want to switch to
a 180 degree thermostat. Lets engine stay warmer for the heater.

Mike
Hayden Lake, Idaho