Car blues

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Car blues
From: "Matt Peterson" <pete_303@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 21:48:58 PDT
Hi everyone,

My Honda broke its timing belt the other day ($336 to fix :( ) so I had to
put insurance back on my roadster so I could drive to work.  It's getting
pretty cold up here lately so I wasn't relishing the idea of driving the
roadster with no heat in 40 degree weather for a couple of days.  That all
changed however when I got out of work tonight at 10pm to a car covered with
frost!  I said "what the heck" and dropped the top and away I went.  It
wasn't all that bad.  Acually it was quite exhilirating.  I just put my hood
up, wore gloves and was just fine.

I was hoping to get some strange looks but alas, there was no one out and
about at that time of night.  I'll have to try it again tomorrow!

About road salting in the midwest, I for one can attest to first hand that
Minnesota uses lots of salt and sand during the winter months.  Definately
not good for cars.  You don't see many old daily driver cars around.  Quite
a shame.

Matt Peterson
68 1600
Zimmerman, MN  36 degrees when I got home!