Re: censored mail

To: slick@mohaveaz.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: censored mail
From: BERKEN@aol.com
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 22:47:33 EDT
In a message dated 10/16/1999 6:13:39 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
slick@mohaveaz.com writes:

<< There are things I have written that have not appeared on the list.  Does
 that mean there is someone that is censoring this list?   I will try to
 publish it again.

 In 1963 there was an experimental car put out by Chrysler that was jet
 powered.
 Patrick P. Castronovo
 http://www.turbinecar.com/turbook/content.htm

Patrick,

They were "loaned" to various people throughout the US to use for research
and feed back and I saw one at our local high school in Stillwater, OK.
Pretty cool looking in a swoopy, 60's way. They weren't the first company to
experiment with turbines, however.  Rover had one in the late 50's and even
competed one driven by Graham Hill at LeMans in the 60's. If I remember
correctly, it finished and did fairly well. I read a report by either Hill or
his co-driver that it really had to be driven differently, like getting on
the throttle WAY before you needed the power coming out of corners.

Sorry no roadster content.....

Joseph