Re: bad?

To: daniel@seaport.net, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: bad?
From: CalSpeed@aol.com
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 22:29:40 EDT
In a message dated 18-10-99 4:16:18 PM EST, daniel@seaport.net writes:

<< To add to my most recent car saga, the Roadster would not start this
 morning......
 It has spark... Cranks, but will not fire... when I pulled the dizzy cap
off, there was a fine layer of silver dust inside and all around the cap.
Where did it come from??
 What is the silver powder??  Did something internal die? >>

Hello,

I cant tell you where the fine dust is coming from but I can tell you that
one of the reasons that your car wont start is because of the dust.

My cousin and I used to do the Saturday night street cruises and drags back
about 10-15 years ago.  There were alot of rich kids that had hot cars but
didn't know a spark plug from a oil drian plug.  A trick that we pulled on a
couple of these guys was to pop off the distributor cap and mark up the
insides with a pencil.  This caused there ignition to go nuts and run like
s----.  It was great to watch them pull out of the parking lot sputtering and
backfiring.

This may be the cause of your problems.  I would change all of the tune-up
components and give it another try.  Dont forget to use the cam-lube!  ;>)

Michael "Calspeed" Carion
67.5 SRL311-000248 Solex
San Francisco, Ca