bad?

To: "Roadsters" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: bad?
From: "Daniel" <daniel@seaport.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 14:10:15 -0700
To add to my most recent car saga, the Roadster would not start this
morning......

It has spark to the Dizzy cap and is getting gas; saw the spark and smelled
the gas.  Cranks, but will not fire.  Worked great when I stopped last.

Weird thing is, when I pulled the dizzy cap off, there was a fine layer of
silver dust inside and all around the cap.  Where did it come from??  I know
that I have an old dizzy. Rotor still turns when I crank it.

What is the silver powder??  Did something internal die?

Thanks,

Daniel Beatty
65 1600 #1322
Portland, OR