Re: To paint or not to paint!

To: pkort@cis.picker.com
Subject: Re: To paint or not to paint!
From: Gary McCormick <svgkm@halley.ca.essd.northgrum.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 09:18:31 -0700
I did say a thin coat... but it would probably be very difficult to achieve a
thin,
non-clogging paint coat on a radiator. A chemical treatment to produce a black
surface
finish on a brass radiator might be in order, but the chemical solutions used
to do this
are pretty nasty - the different variations all include arsenic.

Gary

pkort@cis.picker.com wrote:

> Gary,
>
>   I agree.  But will it hold true on a radiator where paint may actually
>reduce
> the surface area on the cooling fins where the paint might fill the joints of
> the fins?
>
> Paul
> OROC
> BTW, Time to do something about those cold brakes on the 2000!

Right after I finish remodeling to add a new closet and bathroom, repainting
the living
and dining rooms, refinishing the hardwood floors in the living/dining rooms,
redoing the
kitchen cabinets, etc., etc., etc. ... (heavy sigh...)