J15 powered Roadster

To: roadster list <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: J15 powered Roadster
From: Alan Bent <ajb@squirrel.com.au>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1999 14:05:11 +1000
Victor mentioned in an earlier posting that no one would seriously
suggest that someone would put a J15 into a Roadster. Well, and this is
said with a certain amount of shame, there is a J15 powered Roadster in
our club over here. It has the J15 truck engine complete with a single
down draught 28/32 Nikki carburettor and the truck gearbox. For some
reason it is a little slower than all the other cars.
While I do think that the J series engine is a good engine, it does have
it's place, and a Roadster engine bay isn't where it should be.
This next bit isn't Roadster related, but it is an interesting engine
swap I saw recently. I was watching a documentary on TV about Cuba, they
were talking about how the trade sanctions against Cuba have affected
things in the country. Because of the import restrictions they are
unable to buy parts to fix their older cars from any western countries,
the only car producing country that will sell them cars and parts is
Russia. They showed this guy that had an MGA, the MG engine had died
long ago (no surprise there) so he fitted the only engine he could get,
a 1099cc Lada Samara engine. Lets hope there aren't any Roadsters in
Cuba.
p.s. Tyler, don't bother answering, we know what you are thinking.
Alan Bent  -  Queensland , Australia
1966 Fairlady SP311  -  1965 Silvia CSP311
1966 Fairlady SP311  -  1964 Fairlady 3 seater SP310
1964 Fairlady 3 seater SP310 - 1964 Cedric Wagon WP31
1963 Bluebird P312 -  1963 Bluebird P312
1963 Cedric P31 - 1964 Cedric Wagon 1964
1969 Super Six G130
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Pit/3823/index.html