Re: Microsoft / AOL =/= Roadster Content

To: <CalSpeed@aol.com>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Microsoft / AOL =/= Roadster Content
From: "Michael Clothier" <mcclothier@email.msn.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 1999 16:29:08 -0700
-----Original Message-----
From: CalSpeed@aol.com <CalSpeed@aol.com>
To: gmagana@softcom.net <gmagana@softcom.net>; mary_ling@cc.chiron.com
<mary_ling@cc.chiron.com>; datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
<datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Date: Sunday, October 10, 1999 1:03 PM

>Hello,
>
>It surprises me everytime when someone wants to send along a "spam" to me.
>It doesn't bother me but it is somewhat annoying.  But what I find
extremely
>bad is when it is sent to a group of folks via a mailing list.  And what
>happened in this case was someone sending it to a mailing list with the
>intention of making some money off of it.
>
>By the way, the reason I was put into the same company as Mr. Bent and Mr.
>Tyler is because I responded directly back to the sender with a rather
coarse
>reply.  Actually it wasn't that coarse but direct.  Oh yeah, its not Mr.
>Clarion but Mr. Carion.  But please call me Michael or Calspeed.  (Or
>whatever you want).
>
>I responded back to the originator of this spam and did not que in the list
>because I didn't want to point him out with my e-mail.  Unfortunately his
>responce was not done in the same manner.  I apologize for all of the
>"horsepuckey" that I present to the list.
>
>Please use discretion when presenting something other then Roadster content
>to the list.  I as well as many others love to read about those stories
about
>the hot and muggy rides in Florida or those Roadster Meets at McDonalds in
>the MidWest or those great racing stories by Bill.  Especially if he wins!
>And sometimes it doesn't have to be about Roadsters at all.  Like when
>someone makes an announcement that they are getting married or expecting a
>baby.  This is a family that we have here.
>There will be squabbles but thats how families are.  From now on I will use
>discretion on my postings.
>
>See ya!
>
>Michael "Calspeed" Carion
>http://members.aol.com/calspeed/index.html
>

><<For every person that you forward this e-mail to, Microsoft will pay you
>$5.00, for every person that you sent it to that forwards it on, Microsoft
>will pay you $3.00 and for every third person that receives it, you will be
>paid $1.00. Within two weeks, Microsoft will contact you for your address
and
>then send you a check. I thought this was a scam myself, but two weeks
after
>receiving this e-mail and forwarding it on, Microsoft contacted me for my
>e-mail and within days, I received a check for $800.00.>>

Michael............
 I'm not sure that "Calspeed" and spam can be used in the same sentence. As
a teacher,  I'm sure that there is some grammer rule that forbids it(grin).
I am usually nonconfrontational BUT your response was an afront to me. You
should NEVER have reason to apologize for what you say on the list. I for
one have never gotten anything but good advise and pleasure from your posts
and adventures. Keep it up.

(WHEW, I feel much better now.)
Mike Clothier
Norco, Ca.