Brake lines

To: "roadsters list" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Brake lines
From: "Dan and Louise Yates" <yates@sk.sympatico.ca>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 1999 15:50:15 -0600
I am reinstalling the brake lines in my 67 and I can't figure something out.
I have installed the short hard line that connects the rear flex line to the
line running along the frame to the front. It connects to the flex line ok
but the other end is stressing me out. The connection on the long frame line
bottoms out on the hub of the short line before the lines clamp tight. Both
ends of the frame line have the same length connector so an end for end swap
isn't going to help. Am I missing a piece here or do I have to resort to
plan "B"? Plan B involves either cutting the end off and replacing it with a
longer fitting or simply grinding 1/4 inch off the female end of the line
connecting the flex line to the frame line.

Dan Yates
67 1600