Motor Mount Holes

To: Datsun Roadster List <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Motor Mount Holes
From: Robert Porter <drrebob@usnetway.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Oct 1999 19:51:32 +0000
Need a tech tip fast!  Did a clutch job on my 70 1600 and today
(Wednesday Oct 6) rented an engine hoist to drop the engine and tranny
back into the chassis.  After some wrestling, prying and swearing (plus
a six pack to keep my buddy on the job), it went okay, except for a
final step:  the bolt holes in the new motor mounts won't line up with
the corresponding holes in the chassis. Everything seems off by about
3/8 inch.

What's the best way to finish the job?  Is this because the new rubber
is thicker and needs time to "settle"?  Any hints appreciated.  Would
like to do it real soon so I can take the hoist back without extra days
at $25 per.

Thanks,

Bob Porter
Harisburg, PA