engines

To: "Datsun Roadsters" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: engines
From: "Terry and Donna Cost" <tcost@vvm.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 1999 06:08:29 -0500
I was wondering if any of you had a good experience with the Fiat 124
engine.  I think I can get one to put in one of my roadsters.  They are
dohc, I think. I may have to rewire the engine bay to install the Fiat
electrical pieces.  That would make my roadster almost a Ferrari.  I could
call it the F124,311.  Put a prancing horse on the hood and paint it red,
paint the wheels yellow, put on a Borla exhaust, and I'd be set.

By the way, Fall has arrived here in Texas. The daytime highs are below 100,
leaves are turning and falling, cooler weather has arrived, and we're ready
for the Fall Gathering in Historic Fredricksburg, Tx.  Mike Adams is making
the arrangements, and we hope to have the same 50's style motel we stayed in
last time.  See Mike for details.  I trashed my 5-speed at a recent
autocross and have pulled the engine in preparation for a rebuild, so I may
not be able to enjoy the top-down drives through the countryside.  If I can
install the Fiat in time,  I'll be the envy of all the group.  You're all
invited, so I hope to see you in Fredricksburg!

Leisure Suit Terry