New Roadsters

To: "a roadster list" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: New Roadsters
From: "PATRICK P. CASTRONOVO" <slick@mohaveaz.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 1999 21:28:51 -0700
Did anyone get to see the new Roadsters that are slated to come out in 2000?
Ford has one that resembles the 55 t-bird.  Then Toyota has one also.  and
several others are coming out with them.  But the one that was the best
featured was the 2000 Honda.  It has 250 hp.  The only problem with them new
ones is you cannot be the MECHANIC to work on them.  OH NO!  they can only
be worked on by a TECHNICIAN qualified to do the service on them.  They
don't get it.  The best part of owning a Roadster is to be able to work on
it yourself.  It gives you the satisfaction that you took pride in being
able to maintain it.  I will tell you I don't really trust taking my car to
Jiffy Lube.  Do they really grease all the fittings.  I have, after taking
my car to a fast oil change, found things not done to my liking.  Of course
it's not his car, what does he care.  He makes $5.00 per hour.  I have also
found things tampered with, like cut rubber on cvc joints.  Rubber caps
missing underneath the car.  A person that does not crawl under his car to
inspect it, is at the mercy of unscrupulous people.
Patrick P. Castronovo